An appointed nominating committee of former state officers and agricultural education instructors interviews the candidates. On Friday, May 30, the committee will submit its nomination of 10 candidates to the state convention delegates, which consists of two members from each of the 172 chapters in the state. After hearing the candidates present a final prepared speech, the delegates will elect the six members who will serve as the 2014-2015 state officer team. The new team will be announced and installed at the final session of the convention Friday afternoon.
The committee evaluates the candidates on their applications, a written test, writing exercises, and five rounds of interviews. These include one-on-one interviews, delivering a speech, facilitating a workshop, round-robin interviews and a personal interview round.
Once elected, the officers will travel across the state promoting agricultural science education and FFA.
- Kyle Apley, Blue Valley
- Beth Augustine, Ellis
- Tasha Baker, Jayhawk Linn
- Elyssa Day, Arkansas City
- Makenzie Deines, Centre
- David Detweiler, Axtell
- Taylor Green, Southeast of Saline
- Jeffrey Hadachek, Republic County
- Bailey Joonas, Linn
- Conrad Kabus, Seaman
- Kevin Lewis, Centre
- David Luebcke, Marysville
- Nicholas Meyer, Marion-Florence
- Wyatt Pracht, Anderson County
- Karl Riffel, Centre
- Bethany Schifferdecker, Girard
- Karen Schneck, Lawrence Freestate
- Baylee Siemens, Buhler
- Chantelle Simon, Hill City
- Alexandra Tuttle, Plainville